dissabte, de setembre 19, 2015

ESG: My collection!

If we've met in a swap that involved pictures before, chances are high that you've already seen part of my collection, and that's because I collect dolls and I love taking pictures of them.
I've had dolls since I can remember. As a kid, I had mostly Barbies and knock-offs, and I still have them, because I love them and even when I didn't play with them anymore I couldn't just give them away. Who knows what kind of life would they had in another household? I was sure nobody would love them as much as I did (and still do).
Then, when I was in highschool, before Facebook existed, fotologs were a thing and, of course, I had a couple of them. I followed some Spanish guy's fotolog and then was when I first saw Blythe dolls, and was love at first sight. Of course they weren't the kind of dolls that can be purchased at a toy store. I had no idea how to buy them, and I was pretty sure they were quite expensive, so I didn't even try to ask for one.
Years went by and I stopped thinking about them until one day, out of nowhere, a friend bought one (Hola Bells!). She later explained me that that particular doll wasn't an original Blyhte, but a knock-off, but for both of us it was just like the real thing. I offered my amateur sewing skills and I became one of her oficial seamstresses. Bells introduced me to the doll hobby and I kept sewing hoping to earn enough money to buy one of these dolls. Before that that happened, she and my mom plotted behind my back and surprised me one day with my first doll, Robin

Robin's first picture

Robin was an one-way ticket. Since her arrival, 2 years ago, my plastic family grew up to 11 members but, most importantly, I've met beautiful people in this hobby and made friends for life! The doll community is amazing and full of inspiring, creative, awesome people. 
Here are the fisrt oficial picture of each of my dolls, and a group photo I took today. 

Lavinia 
(Dal Kagamine Rin)

Maud 
(Licca doll with Blythe arms)

Madeline 
(Licca head, Blythe body)

Downton 
(Monster High Abbey Bominable Home Ick)

Campanita 
(Dal Tinkerbell)

Lauquen 
(MH knock-off Lagoona Blue)

Makenna 
(Pullip Akemi Homura)

Margarita 
(Mini-Pullip March Hare)

Aglae 
(TBL Blythe)

Josefina aka Pepita 
(Middie Blythe Puchippu Chappu Pepa)

The flower girls